The Alhambra was declared a World Heritage Site in 1984, and its name comes from the color of its walls that were made with the clay of the land itself, hence its reddish color. The complex, whose visit requires at least three hours, is located on the hill of the Sabika, next to the river Darro. It is formed mainly by the Generalife Gardens, the Nasrid Palaces and the Alcazaba, Arabic construction. Of Christian invoice we find the palace of Carlos V and the church of Santa María, built on the old mosque. The Nasrid Palaces are grouped irregularly and the different rooms communicate with each other through patios or galleries. It is an unrivaled example of how light and water offer important decorative effects to architecture.. A careful choice of materials makes its ornamentation change according to the incidence of light.
Direction: Calle Real de la Alhambra
Schedule: Check here.
The Alcazaba is, together with Torres Bermejas, the oldest part of the Alhambra. It is thought that before its construction and the arrival of the Muslims to Granada there were several buildings in the same area. The first news we have of the existence of the Granada Alcazaba dates from the 9th century, which is supposed to have been built by Sawwar ben Hamdun during the fighting between Arabs and Muladids.
We owe the current team to Mohamed I, who walled up the previous castle, raised defenses, three new towers (the Quebrada, the Tribute and the Candle), with what turned the Alcazaba into an authentic fortress, where the monarch would establish the royal residence, function that he kept in the reign of his son Mohamed II until the palaces were completed. From then on it remained as a fortress of a purely military nature.
Direction: The Alcazaba
The Generalife was a resting place for the Kings of Granada and an agricultural farm. Its ornamental gardens and orchards stand out, dates from the late thirteenth century. It is made up of two buildings linked together by the Patio de la Acequia, the most emblematic of those located in this area of the Alhambra. It is at this point where the Acequia Real is located, in charge of bringing water to all the orchards and the Alhambra in general.
The Nasrid Palaces, Also called Cuarto Real Viejo, they are a palatial complex of the Alhambra in Granada made up of two independent palaces., the Palace of Comares and the Palace of the Lions, chosen by the Catholic Monarchs to inhabit them in their stays in Granada. These residences were replaced according to the Islamic precepts of not building anything that would be perpetuated in time and the tradition that each sultan became his palace to demonstrate his personal power.. The decision of the Catholic Monarchs guaranteed its conservation, in front of other abused, abandoned or destroyed by the French, almost every.
Direction: Real street of the Alhambra
Palace of Carlos V
The origin of the Palace of Carlos V is due to the need for a place that would meet all the comforts of the time for the emperor and his family, since the Alcázar, which was his summer residence, did not meet their needs. The emperor ordered the construction of the palace next to the Alhambra in order to enjoy its wonders. The architect in charge of the work was Pedro Machuca, which went through several stages, lack of funds, uprisings that stopped the works, and so on. The roofs came to sink by abandonment.
Direction: Palace of Carlos V
Court of the Lions
The Patio de los Leones is the main courtyard of the Palace of the Lions, in the heart of the Alhambra. It was commissioned by Sultan Muhammad V of the Nasrid Kingdom of Granada in the second period of his reign. Its construction began in 1377. His image appears on the commemorative coin of 2 euros from Spain.
Direction: Court of the Lions
Patio de Los Arrayanes
The Patio de los Arrayanes is the great scenographic patio belonging to the Comares Palace of the Alhambra. Around it there are a series of rooms, the most important being those for the sultan's work room., or throne and audience room. The patio is rectangular with a pond or pool in the center surrounded by myrtle plantations (o mirtos). It is also known by the names of patio of the Myrtos, pool patio Y Comares patio.
Beautiful construction commissioned by Muhammad III, of which remains a large pool, a portico with five arches and the Mirador de las Damas Tower. Next to it there are three small and modest houses, of the nine that existed. In them some fourteenth century paintings were discovered representing a pilgrimage to Mecca. Until recently there were two lions that occupied the two front corners of the pond and that came from the Maristan -hospital- that existed in the center of the city of Granada. Today they can be seen in the Alhambra Museum.
Direction: Callejon Guindo
Schedule: every day of 8.00 a 20.00 h, except monday, Fridays and Saturdays.
After the taking of Granada by the Catholic Monarchs in 1492, the city began to acquire a more Christian appearance based on large buildings designed by the monarchs. The most ambitious project was a large Gothic cathedral with a royal chapel that would house the remains of Isabel and Fernando.. Although its construction was scheduled for the year 1506, the sudden death of Queen Elizabeth two years earlier led to the Royal Chapel being raised first to bury her. Thus, the works of the Cathedral of Granada did not begin until 1523. The foundations were laid on the old main mosque of Granada.
Direction: Gran Vía de Colón Street, 5
Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 10:00 a 18:30 h
Sundays and Liturgical Holidays of 15:00 a 17:45 h
Royal Chapel of Granada
Currently it forms an annex to the Cathedral of said city, being both temples one of its great tourist attractions. It was founded as a funeral chapel by the Catholic Monarchs, Isabel I of Castile and Ferdinand II of Aragon, and also houses the graves of his daughter and heiress Juana la Loca and her husband, Philip the Fair. The chapel was conceived as an annex to the new cathedral headquarters to be built in Granada after the conquest and capitulation of the Nasrid Kingdom in the year 1492. Nevertheless, both buildings are independent today, and their styles are different, because while the Royal Chapel presents forms of the final Gothic, the cathedral was built according to the new renaissance aesthetic.
Direction: Trades Street, s/n
Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 10.15 a 18.30h.
The Andalusia-Granada Science Park is the first interactive science museum in Andalusia (Spain). It was inaugurated in May 1995, currently occupying 70.000 m². It is located in a central area of Granada and has become one of the main tourist attractions of the city., is directed by Ernesto Páramo Sureda, also author of the museum project in 1990, and its successive extensions.
Direction: Of. of the science, s/n
Schedule: Mondays closed
From Tuesday to Saturday from 10.00 at 19.00h
Sundays of 10.00 at 3 p.m.
Despite its name, Plaza Nueva is the oldest square in Granada and is located in one of the high points of the city. The square was created in Christian times. It is a good place to sit on a terrace, have an ice cream or visit one of the tea shops in the area are some of the temptations that you will find. Around it several historical buildings rise, as the Royal Chancery (Superior Court of Andalusia today) or the House of Pisa, and very close is the lively Elvira street, from which you can climb the Albaycín.
Direction: New Square, 2
The monumentality of the favorite city of the Catholic Monarchs can be seen in buildings as impressive as the Cathedral, symbol of the Christianity of Granada, which marks an excellent point to start a walk through the heart of the city. Next to it is the Royal Chapel, pantheon of monarchs, and a little later, the monastery of San Jerónimo, Renaissance jewel of the highest order. The center of Granada is also characterized by being a space of lively bustle, with its shopping streets and numerous tapas bars. The Alcaicería stands out, old silk market, and the Bib-Rambla square, full of freshness and color thanks to the flower stalls that adorn it all year round.
Direction: Gran Vía de Colón Street, 5
Corral del Carbón
The Corral de Carbón is the oldest monument of the Muslim era in Spain. It consists of a spectacular portal that contrasts with its simple interior patio. Today it belongs to the Junta de Andalucía and contains shops and offices. It was originally a fish market and warehouse in Muslim times, and the merchants stayed here. After the Christian conquest, the Catholic Monarchs allowed one of their servants to live here and when he died without heirs, was sold at a public auction. At that time, It was called the Corral de Carbón since the charcoal burners would stay here and because there was a peso for their coal nearby. It was also used as a theater at the beginning of the century 16.
Direction: Mariana Pineda Street, 21
Schedule: every day of 10.00 at 5:00 p.m.
Monastery of Our Lady of the Assumption "La Cartuja"
The Royal Monastery of Our Lady of the Assumption of the Cartuja in Granada was founded by order of Don Gonzalo Fernández de Córdoba (The big captain) about an ancient Arab carmen named Aynadamar (Fountain of Tears), in fulfillment of a vow pronounced in that place when he managed to save his life after a trap by the Muslims. The works began in 1506, But it would be three centuries before they were over. It is one of the masterpieces of the Spanish Baroque. The church has the typical 17th century baroque plant and decoration.
Direction: Paseo de Cartuja, s/n
Schedule: from Sunday to Friday from 10.00 at 18.00h. Saturdays 10.00 at 1:00 p.m. and from 15.00 at 20.00h
Royal monastery of San Jerónimo
Formed by church and monastery, its foundation is prior to the taking of the city. Its origin is due to the Catholic Monarchs. The church has a Latin cross plan and has a raised choir at the feet and an altar behind a wide staircase. Its main altar is a fantasy decorated with images of saints, heroes, mythical figures, angels and historical figures. The Great Captain is buried on the cruise with his wife, Mrs. Maria de Manrique, what is reflected in the iconography that praises the military greatness and its great heroism.
Direction: Rector López Argüeta Street, 9
Schedule: Open every day from 10.00 at 1.30pm and from 16.00 a 19.30h
Church of San Nicolás
The simple and austere church of San Nicolás is in the Gothic-Mudejar style and its construction began in 1525 by Rodrigo Hernández. In the 19th century it was partially restored after part of the temple was destroyed by a lightning strike.. In the summer of 1932 during the Second Republic many religious buildings burned, after the Sanjurjo coup, including the church of San Nicolás. The raiders destroyed the temple gate, and in the center of the church they made a bonfire using everything that could burn: altars, confessionals, chairs, banks, mats ... Only the tower remained standing.
Direction: Mirador de San Nicolás Street
Schedule: Open from 10.00 at 9 p.m. (the schedule may vary)
Madrasa of Granada
The term madrasah refers to the Muslim school of superior styles. In the year 1349, the Nasrid king Yusuf I founded this university in the suburb of the main mosque to teach mathematics classes, right, theology or astrology. According to historical documents, the madrassa had an extensive library, a permanent residence for students and a laboratory. The university was in operation until shortly after the reconquest, when all the books in the library were burned in the street and the building passed into Christian hands. Currently, the Palacio de la Madraza is home to the Center of Contemporary Culture and the Academy of Fine Arts of the city.
Direction: Trades Street, 14
Schedule: Monday to Sunday from 10:00 a 20:00 (summer schedule) and of 10:00 a 19:00 (Winter time).
Basilica of San Juan de Dios
In the middle of the 18th century the Basilica of San Juan de Dios was built, which is in the street of the same name, in Granada. It is an authentic jewel of baroque art, built by Fray Alonso de Jesús y Ortega. Valuable items include gold and silver ornaments, magnificent murals and altarpieces, lights and cornucopias. The altarpieces are of great beauty, especially the one with the main altar, where the remains of Saint John of God rest in a dressing room, inside a silver urn.
Direction: San Juan de Dios Street, 17
Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 10.00 at 20.00h. Sundays of 14.00 at 20.00h
Hermitage of San Miguel Alto and viewpoint of San Miguel
The Hermitage of San Miguel Alto was built on the Torre del Azeytuno, strong point of the towers that made up the Don Gonzalo fence. The call Close to Don Gonzalo, It was the outer wall that protected the Muslim population from Christian incursions. In 1671 the tower was brought down, and the hermitage dedicated to the archangel San Miguel was built there. San Miguel Alto is the highest viewpoint in Granada and has an amazing view of downtown Granada and the Alhambra. Impressive photos can be taken of its views. The best time to go is in the afternoon because the Alhambra is illuminated at night.
Direction: Patio de la Alberca Street, 36
Sacromonte Caves Museum
The Ethnographic and environmental Museum of Sacromonte, through its cultural activities, environmental and educational, wants to value the heritage legacy of this unique environment. The ethnographic museum recreates, along the 10 caves, the living conditions and traditional trades of its inhabitants (basketry, fragua, ceramics, loom); In a relevant way, extensive information on troglodyticism and the history of flamenco is exposed.
Direction: Barranco de los Negros, s/n
Schedules: Winter (15 October to 14 March): Of 10.00 a 18.00 h (Monday to Sunday)
Summer (15 March to 14 October): Of 10.00 a 20.00 h (Monday to Sunday)
Federico García Lorca Center
The Federico García Lorca Center aspires to become a reference for contemporary culture, taking responsibility for the conservation and dissemination of the Federico García Lorca Foundation funds and incorporating artistic manifestations from the international scene as well as the development of extensive work in pedagogical action with children and young people in their relationship with the various arts.
It will be a place where art is generated, culture and thought, always active and in contact with citizens. A place open to public participation, to support and promote artists of all disciplines and with an elaborate educational program aimed at all audiences. But, above all, It is proposed as a cultural institution that will give primary importance to the word. The word in all its forms: written, spoken, represented or sung.
Direction: Romanilla Square, s/n
Schedules: Winter (15 September – 14 March): mArts, Wednesday, Sundays and holidays, of 11.00 a 14.00 h. Thursday to saturday, of 11.00 a 14.00 h and from 16.00 a 19.00 h. Summer (15 March – 14 September): domingos and holidays, of 11.00 a 14.00 h. Tuesday to Saturday, of 11.00 a 14.00 h and from 17.00 a 20.00 h.
El Sacromonte is a mystical neighborhood par excellence. Located on Mount Valparaíso, Sacromonte Abbey shows us the cultural and religious past of the city, and it is vital to understand the Granada of the Counter-Reformation. This wonderful arts complex, cultural and religious consists of: the Holy Caves, the 17th-18th century Abbey, the 17th century College and the Seminary. One of the first private university colleges in Europe was founded here, in 1610. Sacromonte Abbey is a privileged place to admire in silence and calmly the impressive views of the Alhambra, the Albaicin, the Darro River and the magnificent peaks of Sierra Nevada. At present it is the residence of priests and the parish of the neighborhood.
Direction: Sacromonte road, s/n
Schedule: Of 1 May to 30 September 17.00 a 19.30h. Of 1 from October to 30 April 16.00 at 18.00h
The Puerta de Elvira is one of the most emblematic historical-artistic monuments of the urban evolution of the city, for having been the main gate of Islamic Granada. Due to its location in a flat area, and for being the main access to the city, ended up becoming a true fortress gate, that in Christian times would have, even, own warden. Its constructive history basically corresponds to two stages: the zirí, in the eleventh century, in its first third; and the Nasrid, in the period of Yusuf I (1333-1354). Today, only a large arch from the Nasrid period remains of the complex., one of the side abutments and the bend in Calle Elvira and Horno de Merced.
Direction: Triumph Square, 19
The Bañuelo bathrooms are located on the ground floor of a private house. El Bañuelo de Granada is one of the few places of this type that managed to save itself from the destruction of the Catholic Monarchs.. This wonder has survived despite the fact that a private house was built on it almost from the same day of the occupation of the city by the Castilians.. In 1918 El Bañuelo de Granada was declared a National Monument and the architect Torres Balbás was in charge of its restoration. Its size is surprising, they are quite wide, and its good state of conservation. They are supported by beautiful Arabic-style arcades. The construction of the Bañuelo seems to date back to the 11th century and they are the oldest Arab public baths, important and complete of Spain, and one of the oldest works of Muslim Granada.
Direction: Darro Race, 31
Schedule: Winter (15 of September – 30 of April): of 10.00 a 17.00 h
Summer (1 of May – 14 of September): of 9.30 a 14.30 h and from 17.00 a 20.30 h
Dar al-Horra Palace
The palace of Dar al-Horra "House of the honest" was named for having been the official residence of Aixa la-Horra, wife of Muley Hacen and mother of the last emir of Granada, Boabdil. After the conquest, It was ceded by the Catholic Monarchs to Hernando de Zafra who made it his residence. The building is centered by a rectangular courtyard, with a small pool displaced to the south side, with porticoes on the north and south sides. By dint of being a cloistered monastery, has managed to keep its old Muslim forms and part of its old Nasrid decoration intact. The inscriptions carved in the plasterwork of the viewpoint reinforce the private character of the house with words and phrases of celebration such as "Blessing", "Happiness", "Health is perpetual" and "Bliss continues".
Direction: Alley of the Albayzin Nuns, s/n
Schedule: from Monday to Sunday from 10.00 at 5:00 p.m.
Carmen de Los Mártires
Carmen de los Mártires is a construction dating from the 19th century in the city of Granada. Composed of a mansion and large gardens: a french baroque garden, with a large pond in the center of which is a statue of Neptune and surrounded by other statues representing the four seasons; a garden “to the english”, the Palm Garden; the Spanish Garden, removed in 1960; the Landscape Garden, the lake, with an irrigation pond that the vegetation tries to hide, coming to be perceived as a lake, surrounded by two islands for ducks and swans, the smallest, and landscaped with hedges and a stone jetty with a fake medieval ruin, the biggest; the Patio Nazarí or the Forest-Labyrinth that served to link the gardens.
Direction: Walk of the Martyrs, s/n
Isabel la Católica Square
Plaza Isabel la Católica is located at the confluence of Gran Vía de Colón and Reyes Católicos street. It is dominated by a monument dedicated to the queen and Christopher Columbus, who appear in the Capitulations of Santa Fe, moment in which Columbus reaches an agreement with the Catholic Monarchs for his expedition to the Indies. Made in 1892 by the Valencian artist Mariano Benllure to commemorate the fourth centenary of the discovery of America. Unfortunately, some buildings were made in this square, like the one with the mirrors, that ugly the environment and covered the views that had.
Direction: Isabel La Católica Square, s/n.
The Alcaicería de Granada is a typical neighborhood of Muslim culture, formed by narrow streets around which the houses were lined and the souk or the market was located where silk was manufactured and sold. The origin of the Arabic name is Latin. When Emperor Justinian gave the Arabs the right to sell silk, They expressed their gratitude by calling all the bazaars al-Kaysar-ia, I mean, “Caesar's place. ”In the bazaar, besides the stores, inns could be found for merchants to stay during their stays. Currently, as well as a tourist landmark, you can find countless Arabic handicraft products, remembering and taking the visitor to the streets of the Arab bazaars where haggling over the price is part of the tradition, and you can always get some gift from merchants.
Direction: Alcaiceria Street, 1
Museum of Fine Arts
The Museum of Fine Arts of Granada is the most important art gallery in the city, a city whose fame lies more in its monumental heritage than in its pictorial. This explains the relative oblivion in which this institution has subsisted until recently.. The museum initially occupied the old Dominican convent of Santa Cruz la Real, being inaugurated in 1839, so it is the oldest provincial art gallery in Spain. After various location changes, since 1958 It is based in the Palace of Carlos V, remarkable Renaissance building annexed to the Alhambra. Like so many other provincial museums in Spain, This Museum of Fine Arts owes its origin to the confiscation of Mendizábal, which led to the dispersal of numerous works of art that had belonged to religious orders. A) Yes, the institution was created to safeguard artistic works, mostly religious, that were in danger.
Direction: Calle Real de la Alhambra, S/N
The Great Mosque of Granada is an Islamic temple inaugurated in 2003. It is the first mosque built in the city since 1492, after a parenthesis of 500 years. The mosque has a Center for Islamic Studies, who has a conference program, Arabic language classes, exhibitions and courses on topics related to Islam and the Islamic legacy in Spain. What's more, It also has a point of assistance to the needy and Muslims in general and a library with texts and audiovisual materials on Islam in Arabic, English and Spanish.
Direction: San Nicolás Square, s/n
Schedule: Monday to Sunday from 11.00 at 2:00 p.m. and from 16.00 at 19.00h
Mirador San Nicolás
Located in the heart of the Albaicín, next to what was one of the old mosques of the Muslim city, It is the most emblematic viewpoint of Granada. Romantic corner par excellence, from it a complete panoramic view of the Alhambra is contemplated, Sierra Nevada, the city and the Vega de Granada. Y, according to former US President Bill Clinton, "The most beautiful sunset in the world". Is always lively, with foreigners and locals. There are plenty of handicraft vendors and groups that improvise flamenco touches with their guitars.
Direction: Saint Nicholas' lookout
Federico García Lorca Park
The idea of a public park in honor of the poet began to take shape in 1984, when the Granada City Council bought the property from the García Lorca family and expropriated some nearby land. In 1988 the council convened a national and anonymous Ideas Contest to transform urban space into a park. The purpose was that in this the environmental characteristics were combined, cultural and historical events of Granada with the personality of Federico García Lorca and his legacy. The winner was the architect José Ibáñez Berbel, commissioned in February 1989. The work began symbolically on 23 April 1991, with the planting of trees by groups of schoolchildren. It was inaugurated on 10 May 1995.
Direction: Fernández de Ribera Street, 26
Schedule: Open every day from 7.00 at 00.00h
The bullring of Granada, popularly known as the Monumental del Frascuelo and living testimony of the city's Arab legacy. Built in 1928 in neo-mudejar style, It is a historical arena that boasts the privilege of being among the ten most important in all of Spain with a capacity of 12.400 localities. The visit to the square allows you to discover this architectural wonder declared a Site of Cultural Interest, entering its most secret and intimate corners: the bullpen, the stables, the guadarnés, the chapel, The infirmary, the ring and the new bullfighting exhibition. Passing through the Great Gate.
Direction: Calle Dr. Oloriz, 25
Schedule: Monday to Saturday from 10:00 at 2pm and from 17:00 a 20:00h.
Zafra House and Interpretation Center of the Albaicín
In the heart of the Albaicín neighborhood, The Nasrid house of Zafra rises, which was built in the 14th century. Today the house houses the Albaicín Interpretation Center, an ambitious project promoted by the Granada Tourism Plan with which it is intended to value the house and turn it into the entrance door and letter of introduction to the Albaicín, neighborhood declared World Heritage in 1994.
Direction: Concepción Goal Street, 8
Schedule: Summer (1 mayo – 14 September): Of 9.00 a 14.30 h and from 17.00 a 20.30 h
Winter (15 September – 30 April): Of 10.00 a 17.00 h
Royal Room of Santo Domingo
It was a beautiful Nasrid palace built during the reign of Muhammad II (1273-1302) on one of the towers of the wall of the Alfareros neighborhood. At the end of the 19th century, all this was demolished to build a nineteenth-century mansion of dubious architectural relevance.. The tower with its qubba was inserted as the main hall inside said residence. The remains of the Nasrid garden are under the current, arranged in a way analogous to how they must have been in the nineteenth century. The building has been rehabilitated in 2015 to have an Exhibition Hall and another for Multiple Uses, converting the Nasrid monument into a cultural space where you can enjoy throughout the year a program of activities of the most varied and versatile.
Direction: Plaza de los Campos, 6
Schedule: Winter (October-March): of 10.30 a 14.30 h and from 16.00 a 20.00 h.
Summer (March September): of 10.00 a 14.00 and of 17.00 a 21.00 h.
San Cristóbal viewpoint
If there is something that could not be missing in Granada, they are viewpoints to be able to have a good perspective of the city. The Mirador de San Cristóbal is one of them and I think it is an essential one on the list. It is located dominating the west of the Albaicín and is a key point to have a spectacular panoramic view of Granada. You can see from here the main points of the city: the 11th century wall, built by the Zirid kings, Cathedral, the Church of San Cristóbal, the Convent of Santa Isabel la Católica or the palace of Dar al Horra, among other outstanding places in Granada.
Direction: Mirador de San Cristóbal Square
San Agustín Market
The San Agustín Market is located in the center of Granada, very close to the Cathedral and Plaza de la Romanilla. It is located on the site where the San Agustín Convent was. This convent was built between 1553 Y 1593. It housed a carving of Saint Augustine to which miracles were attributed and which was exposed to the public every Friday. The San Agustín Market has, on the ground floor, with some 60 positions of various businesses such as: butchers, greengrocers, fisheries, etc. The businesses are arranged in interior streets that intersect and connect with the exterior through five doors. It also has a bar and toilets. On the upper floor it has cold rooms.
Direction: San Agustín Square, S/N
Schedule: from Monday to Saturday from 9.00 at 3 p.m.
Viewpoint of the Barranco del Abogado
The Barranco del Abogado viewpoints are one of the least known for tourism. However, they are one of those who have a more complete view of Granada.. Located in the southeastern part of the city, under the cemetery hill, you can see from Sierra Nevada to the northern part of the city, with Sierra Elvira in the background. There are several viewpoints both public and private, as there are several bars and restaurants that offer priceless views and are also a great option to dine at dusk with incredible views.
Direction: Viewpoint of the Barranco del Abogado
Placeta de Carvajales viewpoint
The Mirador de Carvajales is located in the lower Albayzín, for its location, located between Cuesta de San Gregorio and Calle San Juan de los Reyes, constitutes one of the most intimate and least visited viewpoints in the neighborhood. From the Viewpoint of the Placeta de Carvajales, crossed by a small pool that cools the hot summer days, you can see the impressive Alhambra, without many crowds or rush. In fact, one of the characteristics of the Mirador de los Carvajales is that the space invites you to have a calm look. It is a place where it is possible to stop along the way, chat, read, or just listen to music.
Direction: Placeta Carvajales
The Jardines del Triunfo in Granada are an emblematic place in this city, since they stand on a space with an interesting historical value, currently formed by a landscaped and sloping esplanade. These gardens are formed by wide sloping walks that converge on the monument to the Virgin and a fountain of 75 meters long with games of light and water, with what when it gets dark, you can see how the water changes color, delighting the little ones in the house. Another attraction of this park, is that in it we can find more than two hundred trees of different species among which oleanders stand out, magnolias, shade bananas, cypress trees, cedars, among others.
Direction: Broad Street of Capuchinos, s/n
Schedule: Open every day from 8.00 at 1.00am
Church of the Virgen de las Angustias
The Virgin of Sorrows is a devotional image, attributed to the sculptor Gaspar Becerra, and that among other honorary titles he holds the patronage and protection of the city of Granada as well as its archdiocese. The sculptural ensemble, composed of the image of the Virgin and the dead Christ, It is venerated in the city of Granada in the Royal Basilica of Our Lady of Sorrows, on what was the old hermitage of Saints Úrsula and Susana, and next to other historic buildings such as the former Hospital de Nuestra Señora de las Angustias.
Direction: Race of the Virgin, 42
Schedule: Monday to Sunday from 7.30 at 1.30pm and from 18.00 a 21.00 h.
Patio de Los Perfumes
The courtyard of perfumes located in the heart of Albaicín, in the Carrera del Darro, in the old Arab quarter of Axares. Known as the Palace of the Viceroy or also the House of Pérez del Pulgar, It is a magnificent example of Granada's Renaissance architecture. In this palatial house you can enjoy the fantastic world of perfume. In the Museum you can discover the art of making perfumes, the bottles of the old perfumery, the most unique and valuable ingredients from the four cardinal points, as well as the secrets of the perfumer.
Direction: Darro Race, 5
Schedule: Open from Monday to Sunday from 10.00 h a 22.00 h.